On-page and off-page Search Engine Optimization are two equally important strategies that help your website perform at its best. Although they are two entirely different strategies, they should be used together to get the best results. On-Page SEO refers to all the things that you implement on your website to help you rank higher. There are several On page SEO factors, and all these aspects of a given web page influence the search engine ranking. On-page SEO Factors
- Content: When it comes to adding content to your website, make sure to use original, quality content. Content for articles, blogs, infographics, images and other types of copy are extremely important as they reflect the quality and individuality of your site.
- Internal Linking: Internal links are links that go from one page on a domain to a different page on the same domain. This not only helps visitors navigate through your site, but it lets the search engines know about your other pages.
- URL Structure: The permanent links (the URL of each page) should be less than 255 characters. Also, it should cover the main points of what the actual page is about.
- Page Titles and Meta Descriptions: Every web page should have proper page titles, so that search engines will be able to distinguish your website from other results. Similarly, you should also work on the meta descriptions of the web pages.
- Formatting: Images used should be original, visually appealing, and of the correct size. You should make sure they are optimized by using ALT tags.
Off-page Search Engine Optimization involves activities to optimize the pages on your website by getting links that will lead back to your site. In short, it aims at bringing visitors to your website. The quality and quantity of the number of links, determine the position of the website in the search results. Off-page SEO Factors
- Optimize for local search: A strong local search presence is essential to maximize your reach, and bring customers directly to your door. This is an approach which Google endorses.
- Local Citation and NAP Consistency: Local citations are the citing of your business’ name and address on external web properties such as business directories. Citations help search engines to confirm the legitimacy of a local business. You should ensure that the NAP or the Name, Address, Phone number is consistent across and also check the Geo-accuracy.
- Link Building: Earning links from credible, quality and authority sites is an important factor to increase organic search ranking. You can get credible links through Guest Posting and contacting Directories, suppliers or industry related companies.
- Social Media: Social Media is the right place to build and engage with your community. Apart from improving your online presence it can increase brand value.
For better results, you should have follow both on and off-site approach. Although, it is impossible to implement all the on and off-site techniques, you should choose what works the best for your website. We, at Gazelle Interactive
can perform a full-scale SEO audit and provide a refined approach.